TEACHER CARD AND LOAN GUIDELINES:
Any teacher may obtain a second library card exclusively for classroom use!
To get your teacher card:
• Present your active CLEVNET or Euclid Public Library card AND your driver’s license to the Circulation Desk.
• Teacher cards are valid only at Euclid Public Library
• Items for personal use may not be charged out on the teacher card
• Materials may be borrowed for six (6) weeks (except feature films and Educational Enrichment Kits)
• Limit of 50 items or $1,000 worth of materials per card
• Regular fines apply for some materials
Keep these tips in mind:
• Do not exhaust an entire subject area
• Books by one author, one subject, or in one series are discouraged
• Ask library staff to help select materials
Only materials owned by Euclid Public Library can be reserved on a teacher card.
Teachers may request classroom materials on various topics to supplement the curriculum. Materials will be pulled from all areas of our collection, both fiction and nonfiction, based on teacher preference. Call the Youth Services Department at 216-261-5300 and press 4 to make your request.
For Teacher Pick-up
- Please allow two days advance notice to fill requests.
- Materials will be held for two days after the pick-up date.
- Pick up materials in the Children's Department.
Teacher Delivery -- Euclid City Schools:
- Please give us as much advance notice as possible; it may take up to 7 days to fill your requests. This includes the time to collect titles and for Euclid City Schools' Interschool Delivery to pick your items up.
- The items will be checked out on your Teacher Loan card for six weeks, then delivered to your school via Interschool Delivery.
- When the items are due for return you may place them in the Interschool Mail delivery, bring them into the library, or return them in our convenient drive-through bookdrop outside the library at any time day or night.
- If you do not already have one, please come in to apply for a Teacher Loan library card. This card is in addition to your personal library card.
We are happy to support your classroom lessons with visits that support the library collection and programs.
What can we do?
- We can visit your classroom and conduct booktalks on popular titles or titles related to a theme (K-12).
- We are happy to host your class for a tour or program on-site at the library (K-12).
- We can supply you with copies of bookmarks and flyers to help your student use the library or information regarding library programs.
- We can attend your extracurricular event.
Please give us as much advance notice as possible. We may have other engagements that prevent us from visiting on specific days and times -- please provide multiple dates so we can find a date that works for both of us.
Please call Christine Pyles, Youth Services Department Manager, at 216-261-5300, ext. 5140 to schedule a visit or the Youth Services Department at 216-261-5300 and press 4 to request materials.
We encourage educators to sign-up for our Educator Newsletter! This newsletter goes out monthly. Click here to sign-up.