WHAT IS THE MOBILE HOTSPOT LENDING PROGRAM?
The mobile hotspot lending program allows you to check out a Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet from almost anywhere! A hotspot is a small wireless access point providing internet access to mobile devices such as your laptop, smartphone or tablet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, at home, on the bus or in the park. The hotspot device works in any area covered by the Sprint 3G or 4G LTE network.
GUIDELINES FOR BORROWING AND USE
- Borrower must be an adult and use an adult card in good standing.
- Borrower is limited to checking out one mobile hotspot at a time.
- Hotspots may be checked out for 7 days, no renewals.
- Hotspots are available on a first come first served basis.
- The same patron may not consecutively check out the same hotspot.
- Returned hotspots may not be available for 24 hours.
- There are no holds allowed on Hotspots.
WHAT COMES IN A HOTSPOT KIT?
- 1 case
- 1 Mobile hotspot
- 1 Micro USB AC Charger
- 1 Insert
WHERE SHOULD I RETURN A HOTSPOT KIT?
A hotspot kit must be returned in person to the Checkout desk of the Euclid Public Library. Hotspots may not be returned in a book drop.
WHAT IF I RETURN A HOTSPOT LATE OR LOST IT?
The borrower is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the hotspots and/or chargers, cases, etc. The overdue fines for a hotspot are $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $3.00.
The wireless service on the hotspot will be turned off if the hotspot is not returned on the due date.
If individual parts of the kit are lost or damaged, the following replacement costs will be the responsibility of the borrower.
- Mobile Hotspot replacement fee: $45.00
- Micro USB AC Charger replacement: $7.00
- Case replacement: $8.00
HOW MANY DEVICES CAN BE CONNECTED TO A HOTSPOT?
Up to ten (10) devices can be connected to the hotspot device at one time.
For further help consult the Hotspot Quick Start Guide, below.